Research in the ASCI Lab makes use of a wide variety of regional to global land use and climate datasets. Many of the datasets developed by members of the lab and our collaborators are made available on the Earthstat website. Below we provide some additional links and resources.
- Global, crop specific fertilizer dataset from Mueller et al. 2012 is available on Earthstat (“Fertilizer application for Major Crops”). Note that the hosted data layers are the sum of chemical fertilizer application, manure application, and deposition (for N). Soon we will provide these different inputs as separate files. In the meantime, contact Nathan if you are interested in layers of chemical fertilizer only.
- Global gridded crop harvested area and yield data are available on Earthstat.
- Tabular US crop data is available from the USDA NASS QuickStats website.
- Country-level crop area and yield data are available from FAOSTAT.
- Global historical irrigation data are made available by Siebert et al. here.
- Daily weather station data (GHCN-Daily) is available from the NCDC website.